Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to FTABeta.com

We're a new community open to help you with any FTA Issues that you may be experiencing, feel free to ask any questions, and enjoy! You may have to register before you can post: register

DreamLink, Jynxbox, etc
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jimmien99

Default Lights -Ihub-newlink-svlan

I have 8000 hd and I have a ihub,newlink and svlan and when I plug in the ihub, no lights.

When I plug in the newlink, no lights and when I plug in the svlan, no lights. What could

the problem be? The newlink and svlan are new.

Thank You.

Is there a lan line plugged in? Think the lights only come on when the lan line is connected and the hub is powered by pin 4 from the sv.

jimmien99

What is pin 4 ? The lan line is connected. I have other receivers and they work. What could be the

problem ?

Thank You.

Pin 4 coming out of the rear com port on the sv is what powers the hub. It's actually marked/numbered if you look closely.

One of the problems with sv is sometimes the caps go and don't correctly power things- and that is a symptom. There's 2 ways to check, as long as you're a little handy and extremely careful.

On the receiver >>>With an ohm-meter you can check power readings from pin 4 to the frame- should read right at 5v steady.
    On the hub >>>Another way is to use a 9v battery (I know the hub is 5v but the method isn't mine and works) and wire the + to pin 4 and the ground to the metal with the network line plugged in. If the hub is fine it'll start blinking.

If the receiver power is wrong it probably means one of the caps for the power is bulged, there are 2 recommended for replacing.

jimmien99

Is pin 4 one of the 9 pins where you connect ihub?

Thank You.

Yes, pin 4 is one of the db9 pins, here's a quick pick for illistration, but use the numbering on yours. The port is numbered

jimmien99

I can not see any numbers for the pins. Could the problem be that capacitor c10 and c24 need to be

replaced?

Thank You.

If those are bulged, they need replaced. The diagram above is correct for looking at the rear of the receiver pin 4 is top and 4 over from the left. It's recommended if you replace the caps to replace them with higher voltage ones.

jimmien99

Thank you for the help. I am not too handy to replace the capacitors, I have to find someone to do it.

Thank You.

It's a simple procedure and doesn't take long- any repair should should be able to switch them out. It's one of the problems, but a simple fix. I would urge you to check your voltage first though. While swapping them out is easy enough, if you pay to do that and then the hub(s) are the true problem you'll be out the time and effort. Your call though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast