Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to FTABeta.com

We're a new community open to help you with any FTA Issues that you may be experiencing, feel free to ask any questions, and enjoy! You may have to register before you can post: register

DreamLink, Jynxbox, etc
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: dreambox 720s

kman

Default dreambox 720s

i would like to know if the files for a dreambox 500s will work on a dreambox 720s
    i dont see any support for the 720 why is this
    thanks

Im a FTA God

Are you talking about dm 7020?

Yes, it will work. The rqcamd setup works on it. I can upload the detailed instructions for it, if you like.

kman

yes the model # is 7020s would please upload the inst.
    i would also like to know if i should del all of the old files that the dcc shows are on it, & if it needs to be reflashed. i just got it (used). i hooked it up and i get one dyi channel, this tells me that it is a workable unit with the right programing.
    thanks for your help!!!!

Im a FTA God

Open DreamBox Control Center in your PC and select the language as English, if that is not default. Make sure Dreambox has an IP. Click reconnect.
    Now you are connected to the DreamBox. NOTE: DO NOT LOAD THE VAR FOLDER FROM NFPS WEBSITE. IT WILL LOCK YOUR RECEIVER. IF YOU DID, REFLASH THE IMAGE.
    Now remember you should have downloaded the package tar file not the binary. This setup was modified from a guide posted by fta_dude. Unzip the tar file to a folder, it will have 8 files inside for different boxes and different images, one you’d need would depend on your image (Note – this guide is made for the PLi and DSM, but it should be similar for Gemini and Nitro):
    With GEMINI installed, use: rqcamd-1.31-GEMINI-PPC.tar.gz
    With PLi installed, use: rqcamd-1.31-PLi-PPC.tar.gz
    With DSM installed, use: rqcamd-1.31-DSM-PPC.tar.gz
    With NITRO installed, use: rqcamd-1.31-NITRO-PPC.tar.gz
    (Unzip the file you need to a separate folder as you will need to update information in the rqcamd.conf)
    1. Fire up the DCC software if you have closed it. Reconnect the software to Dreambox. Go to FTP.
    Locate the rqcamd-1.31-***-PPC.tar.gz file in the computer side in FTP client. Transfer the tar file into /tmp folder of the dreambox. Also, extract the tar in your computer for future use.
    2. Once you have transferred the file, Press Blue button on the remote.
    a. Select Software Management
    b. Goto Manual Install
    i. Select rqcamd-1.31-***-PPC.tar.gz and press OK. It will install RQCAMD on the Dreambox as well as integrate it with image so you don’t have to manually do it. Once finished installing, Press Red Button to close. Exit all the way
    ii. Pretty much all the files come with proper permissions, but if you like to make sure all the files have right permission then follow these steps exactly:
    1. Go to Telnet in the DCC.
    2. Type each line and press Enter.
    chmod 755 /var/bin/rqcamd
    chmod 644 /var/keys/rqcamd.conf
    chmod 644 /var/keys/Autoupdate.Key
    chmod 644 /var/scce/EEP01_102.bin
    chmod 644 /var/scce/EEP08_102.bin
    chmod 644 /var/scce/ROM102.bin
    3. Now find the folder where you extracted the rqcamd-1.31-***-PPC.tar.gz and go to the keys folder. Use DCC (right-click and edit on the right side) to edit rqcamd.conf. You would need to update the following fields per your setup:
    a. webif=1 <- Change this to 0 or leave it if you need webif
    MAKE THE CHANGES BELOW UNDER DN
    b. caid_priorities=1801|1816 <- Change this to 1816|1801
    c. decoder_type=0 <- Change this to 1 to use the card server instead of internal softcam.
    d. card_server_url_0= <-
    You will see similar to “card_server_url_0=newcamd://username:password@192.168.0.100:10550/0102030405060708091011121314/EMM"
    Edit this to “card_server_url_0=newcamd://AccessCode:AccessCode@fenfui.dynsite.net:10010/6103403445406970987123412134/EMM”
    e. process_emm_s=0 <-Change this to 1 to pass the EMM S to RQCS.
    f. process_emm_u=0 <-Change this to 1 to pass the EMM S to RQCS.
    g. Save the rqcamd.conf file.
    h. Create an empty file called Keylist.txt and save it in same place as rqcamd.conf (Rqcamd supposedly creates it by itself but I’d do it anyway)
    4. Now on DCC, locate the rqcamd.conf and Keylist.txt in the Computer Side and transfer both files to /var/keys folder. Overwrite the files if DCC prompts you for it.
    5. Press blue button and go to SoftCam Setup.
    a. Select Rqcamd-1.31 in the Default SoftCam dropdown menu.
    b. Press Blue Button to Save.
    c. Exit all the way and Reboot the box.
    6. Once the box reboots, you will see an External Message saying rqcamd-1.31 has started. The message will disappear in few seconds and by this time you should get picture if everything went correctly. You may need to scan your satellites. If tv is not up, check your rqcamd.conf again at DCC. You would have to change the access code, des key and host name again and save.
    Last edited by gopalmm2; 10-18-2010 at 11:39 PM.

kman

thanks for the info i am new to dream box , i will try do do some reading to get up to speed.
    i have two questions yet this box has old files from 2006 on it will i need to erease them before i start.
    i was thinking of use nfps but you say it lock up the dream, then how do i use the nfps?
    where do i find a channel list for 110 & 119?
    i will try to work on the dream later this week.
    THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP (iam sure i will need more help before i get it up & going)

Im a FTA God

You can get the latest PLi image (recommended) from the PLi website if you want. Or you can use the current image as long as it is either PLi/Gemini/Nitro/DSM and use the appropriate rqcamd file for it.
    Here is the link to the PLi image: http://www.pli-images.org/downloads....ownload_id=113
    The above procedure is to use nfps or any newcamd P$. Just don't load their files, it is meant for the dm500 (it locks that as well).
    You can use the channel lists posted under dm500 downloads, I believe. Just choose the one according ti your LNB. Don't get the april24 legacy one as I think that's just for the dm500.
    Last edited by gopalmm2; 10-18-2010 at 11:40 PM.

kman

thanks for the info. if i read you right all of the files you uploaded ar for useing nfps. thats great!
    thanks again. time to start working on it

Im a FTA God

Quote Originally Posted by kman View Post
    thanks for the info. if i read you right all of the files you uploaded ar for useing nfps. thats great!
    thanks again. time to start working on it
    Yep, that's right. You just need to follow them and you should be up .

kman

well here is first problem. when i turn on dream box it tries to load drean multimeida 1.09 but shut its self off before getting it loaded ( it will stay on for about 2 min.) i can hold in on the down button & the on button untill it shows stop in the window, it now shows the ip address that i had set up & was working with dcc. dcc wont connect to dream box because it wont stay on.
    i think it needs to be reflashed with a new image. i think the dm 500 instructions will be the same for the dm7020. PLEASE let me know if this is right. i have the null cable & dream up so i can do it , just need to know if that is what needs done.
    i had dcc working & all three connected with the green line dont know what went wrong.
    thanks

thanks

Im a FTA God

Ok, flash with the pli image (the link I sent above). Use null modem and dreamup, it should do the trick.

Crap, I made a mistake. I just corrected. You need the PPC packages, not the MIPS. Made the corrections. The instructions ould then be the exact same as dm500, you are correct. I mixed up 7025 and 7020, sorry.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast