Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to FTABeta.com

We're a new community open to help you with any FTA Issues that you may be experiencing, feel free to ask any questions, and enjoy! You may have to register before you can post: register

DreamLink, Jynxbox, etc
    lensterj

Unhappy dish 500 plus lnbf settings please!!

i am currently trying to setup a iLink9000 HD fta reciever. Im not sure if I have the correct settings in but all the satellites are green with 99% signal, and they say echostar 110,119, Anik 118.7 and 129. I have downloaded current files to the box via usb. However the box is still showing scrambled channels. It does however display the current show and info about it.
    I am wondering if it is my internet settings. I have not done anything with this yet. I just used the powerline adapters and thought it was good. Please help!!!!.....Just to add the person I am helping has DSL for internet with a wireless router, so i did not get into any settings yet. Thanks for anyones help!!!

Expert Helper

Signal does mean much with fta receivers its the Q you want no Q no picture If they are Power line adapters then you shouldn't have to do anything the adapters should pick up the internet do you have an IP on the receiver

lensterj

the Q is at 50%.....i am a former DISH tech so I know i pointed correctly..lol. I put up the new 1000+ system and it has a switch built in. so no switch and no diseq. I am wondering what to do next though. This is my first fta reciever that was not previously set up, so i am fresh to this. Thanks for helping!!

Bill Of Oz

Quote Originally Posted by lensterj View Post
    the Q is at 50%.....i am a former DISH tech so I know i pointed correctly..lol. I put up the new 1000+ system and it has a switch built in. so no switch and no diseq. I am wondering what to do next though. This is my first fta reciever that was not previously set up, so i am fresh to this. Thanks for helping!!
    if your Q is only 50 then you are not aimed very well....

your ilink might have trouble powering that lnb "stack" on the 1000 dish....

Addicted to TV!

i am currently trying to setup a iLink9000 HD fta reciever. Im not sure if I have the correct settings in but all the satellites are green with 99% signal, and they say echostar 110,119, Anik 118.7 and 129. I have downloaded current files to the box via usb. However the box is still showing scrambled channels. It does however display the current show and info about it.
    I am wondering if it is my internet settings. I have not done anything with this yet. I just used the powerline adapters and thought it was good. Please help!!!!.....Just to add the person I am helping has DSL for internet with a wireless router, so i did not get into any settings yet. Thanks for anyones help!!!
    You will need a DPP44 switch with power inserter for a dish 1000+ install. Here are all the instructions you need and what lnb goes to which port on the switch. Setup the Ilink with lnb type OCS-DP and use the diseqc ports assigned to the switch: 119=lnb1, 110=lnb2, 129=lnb3, 118.8=lnb4.
    Last edited by dangersmith; 08-15-2011 at 10:05 AM.

lensterj

I see what you are saying with the reciever not powering the dish,however with the new dish that I put up there is not a need for the DP44. I do see the settings in the reciever to change its power supply. All the new Dish 1000+ kits do not use the switch because it is built in. If I add the switch then it will cancel out the switch that is built in the Lnbfs. I was also wondering if I have everything else correct, do I still need to input some settings for the internet?

Beta Lover

Cool

Then you are saying you have a 1000.2 instead of a 500?

If so, try this thread,
    http://ftabeta.com/dishes/22198-1000...p-request.html
    And thank "82Harley" the poster of the fix.
    Last edited by 12icer; 08-15-2011 at 08:29 PM.

Addicted to TV!

I see what you are saying with the receiver not powering the dish,however with the new dish that I put up there is not a need for the DP44. I do see the settings in the receiver to change its power supply. All the new Dish 1000+ kits do not use the switch because it is built in. If I add the switch then it will cancel out the switch that is built in the Lnbfs. I was also wondering if I have everything else correct, do I still need to input some settings for the internet?
    You have the 1000.2 dish for 110-119-129 as was mentioned. Different animal then the 1000+. Follow 12icers instructions and link. However seeing as how you already have the 1000.2 and being an ex dish installer you probably have a DP or DPP receiver laying around to power the lnbs. lol

Edit:; When aiming your dish for 119 use tp 12297 instead of 12239. When Harley wrote the how to 12239 was correct but the first conus tp on sat 119 is now 12297. As for the internet connection your router should give you the IP automatically. Check your network settings in your stb and make sure you have an IP if not reboot your whole system. Modem, Router, Stb giving a minute or so for each componet to reset.
    Last edited by dangersmith; 08-16-2011 at 09:34 AM.

lensterj

Thanks for all your help! I am not using the 1000.2 or 1000.4WA dishkit. It is the 500+ with the NEW Lnbfs. This is probably why I am having so much trouble too. I tried to mess with it the other day and it looks like my signal is good(using a SSB meter) and I am getting the "locked" message with green. So I have to assume its got to be the internet now allowing me to access the channels. It only says scrambled but I do have EPG and info on the screen. I already have the settings for the 1000.2 (I have already set up about 4 kits with that), so thanks for that. And you are right!!! I DO have a 301 reciever.Hmmmm, but that means i gotta run a new line to the dish, right?. Do the fta recievers support diplexers with the frequency or do the both need to be straight lines to the dish?.....Thanks for all your help, Im tellin ya this is just one big headache. If anyone is in Vegas, let me know!! Would love some tips and tricks so I can decide if I wanna keep installing these things..lol