Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to FTABeta.com

We're a new community open to help you with any FTA Issues that you may be experiencing, feel free to ask any questions, and enjoy! You may have to register before you can post: register

DreamLink, Jynxbox, etc
    I Love TV

Default Sonicview 8000 hd wont scan ota channels

Hey guys. I need your help please. I was missing the odd HD channel so I decided to load a posted channel list from the files section. The list got all my channel back but Ive lost all my OTA channels. Now this is where it gets weird. I tried to scan in all my ota channel but no luck. The reciever gets stuck and says searching forever. So I figured it was a bad channel list . I reloaded sonicview factory file then the sv current file HD20-2028. When I go into menu and choose DTV its like
    the receiver takes about 10 seconds to open dtv option.No matter how many times I try to scan for OTA channels I get no signal. Do you guys think my tuner is shot? It
    worked until I loaded that new channel list. No matter what I do I cant get a signal. Ive used the bin that cleans , factory bins, newest bins, old channel lists , still no luck.I hope the tuner isnt fried.I hooked up my Nfusion to my OTA antenna and signals are strong all channels came in . What should I do now ?
    Last edited by hartly; 08-12-2012 at 01:23 AM.

Maybe someone can help you with that, I can only get 1digial and 1 analog and just have the antenna connected to the TV use SV remote to switch and that works well drawback is cannot record to the SV hard drive.

Expert Helper

Did you happen to save a channel lis before you loaded the one from the files section?

I Love TV

no I didnt unfortunatley

flyfisher1

hartly, I gave you your answer on the other nfps support site where you posted the exact the same post & you MUST respond with full info to ALL of the questions I asked you there

flyfisher1

A caution note for all SV8K users !!!

Regardless of who posted them all recently posted SV8K channel lists that contain the working sat 119 tp 12311 9xxx channels have a DTV data omission in the sat data that may affect OTA scanning
    Last edited by flyfisher1; 08-12-2012 at 04:12 PM.

flyfisher1

Update :
    Forget about the caution note in post 6 .... the missing terrestrial entry [0.0°E] DTV in all the recent modified SV8K channel lists & TP updates will not cause OTA scanning issues .... SV8K will self insert that entry correctly at the end of the satellite lineup the first time it does an OTA scan
    Last edited by flyfisher1; 08-16-2012 at 12:33 AM.