Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to FTABeta.com

We're a new community open to help you with any FTA Issues that you may be experiencing, feel free to ask any questions, and enjoy! You may have to register before you can post: register

DreamLink, Jynxbox, etcAvov Live Streaming IPTV Box
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Question regarding LNB setting

Hi, I was just wondering what settings do I need to configure for these LNBs on my Jynxbox? Will 1 receiver be enough to power them? I also have a dreamlink HD on it's way.
    I had a quick look in the LNB sections, but it seems there are two kinds that look a bit like these
    thanks!

IMG_3726.jpg

Addicted to TV!

Those are two Dual DP LNB. You will need additional switch to have them both connected to FTA receiver. Cheapest version would be to have DiSEqC switch, then 22KHz, then SW21, then DP34 and at the end, most expensive would be DPP44
    LNB Freq should be 11250, LNB Type should be OCS-DP, but in your receiver may be Dishpro1.
    Rest of Set Up will depend what type of switch will you use

Addicted to TV!

DiSEqC switch is the best way to go if it were the dual head you be good to go that head has its own s/w

Expert Helper

If you are just going to have 2 sats then alls you need is a DP21 switch those lnbs have a built in diseqc switch and an external diseqc switch is not needed

I should of mentionned I do have a Diseqc switch But thanks for the LNB type information and frequency, that was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the DP21/SW21 suggestion.. My installer also mentionned those were pretty easy

well... loks like this a complete failure so far... The dish is up, and getting signal (installer checked with a meter). If I set anything else that ocs-dp, I don't get signal on all of my TPs. Problem is that the SW21 switches don't seem to be switching!! At least not all the time. Let's say I select 110, on SOME tps the sat installation screen will show 119 on this and vice versa. If I switch between the sats... Has anybody ever used the type of LNBs I have with a Jynxbox?

Expert Helper

If you are using Dish Pro Lnbs then an sw21 switch is not compatible with dish pro lnbs you need a Dish Pro DP21 switch then it would be 119 port1 110 port2 or vise versa.If you are using Legacy lnbs which look just the ones in the pictures only without the D/P logo on them then you can use the sw21 switch but you don't use any diseqc switch ports diseqc switch 1.0 off diesqc switch 1.1 off.Scroll down to Legacy switch click on it then select sw21 port 1 and sw21 port 2 select depends on how you have sats cables connected to the sw21 switch Example 119/sw21 port1 and 110 sw21 port2 or vise versa.

Ok.. those are not a picture off the web. These are my actual LNBs. So they do have the DP logo. You are saying I would need DP21 switches, and these DP21s would be controlled by the Diseqc port settings. SW21 will not work with these LNBs, correct?. I'm not sure I can buy DP21 switches locally and would of liked to fix this today, would replacing the SW21 by a Diseqc that came with the receiver work also? thanks for all the help guys

If these will help, here are the LNB settings on the Jynxbox
    Legacy Twin LNB1
    Legacy Twin LNB2
    Legacy Quad LNB1
    Legady Quad LNB2
    OCS-DP

Switch settings
    SW21 Dish 1
    SW21 Dish 2
    SW42 Dish 1
    SW42 Dish 2
    SW44 Dish 1
    SW44 Dish 2

So if I understood SweetPete's explanation, basically I need to replace the SW21 with DP21, set the LNBs to OCS-DP, and set Diseqc port 1 on 119 and 2 on 110.

Would a 22KHZ switch be an option? I'll order one if I need to

Yes a 22 Khz switch would work as well as a diseqc switch. You are not tied to a dp21 exclusively, just cant use a "SW" switch with the OCS-DP lnb's.
    Just because the kittens were born in the oven doesn't make them biscuits!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast