Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to FTABeta.com

We're a new community open to help you with any FTA Issues that you may be experiencing, feel free to ask any questions, and enjoy! You may have to register before you can post: register

DreamLink, Jynxbox, etc
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: jb200 and dvbs2

Default jb200 and dvbs2

alright guys...been reading about jb200 and dvbs2...
    till late last night i was thinking that jb200 and dvbs2 were the same...now i came to know that they are two different module.
    ok ill be buying one jynx hd and i know it will come with jb200.
    now i will not be using this box to record anything. i only need good pic quality + atleast 1 day epg.
    my question is do i need to dvbs2 to good quality? what does exactly dvbs2 do?
    do i need dvbs2 to get dish hd?

thanks in advance.

No you don`t need the dvb-S2 tunner at least your going to use a dvb-s2 satellite or you have a cband Motorized sistem........

wud DVBS2 get me dish hd? if yes..then y not just get dvbs2 instead jb200?

timster

Quote Originally Posted by DesiGuy1981 View Post
    wud DVBS2 get me dish hd? if yes..then y not just get dvbs2 instead jb200?
    no. Dish uses Turbo 8PSK, not DVB-S2

Expert Helper

NO ::A DBs2 / True Fta Only , You have no tuner in you, receiver???? If you have NONE , Buy the jb200 .If you have JB 100 in , keep, It will give you all your HD.If you want to get all the PVR , stuff , Buy an other tuner , buy an AStec to go with . Get 2 ,JB 200 . Your choice

thanks..i havent bought one yet but i will be. but now i know i only need one tuner which is jb200 for my situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by laker.94 View Post
    NO ::A DBs2 / True Fta Only , You have no tuner in you, receiver???? If you have NONE , Buy the jb200 .If you have JB 100 in , keep, It will give you all your HD.If you want to get all the PVR , stuff , Buy an other tuner , buy an AStec to go with . Get 2 ,JB 200 . Your choice

Expert Helper

Maybe this will help you (JB200 is for HD Channels) , (DVBS-2 is for True Fta) , (ATSC is for Local OTA HD Channels you will need an HD Antenna)

so the jb200 will recived dik hd channels ?

dirkdiggler

Yes jb200 will recieve dik hd channels

TV Insane

the jb200 is also good for bev HD and SD and you will get more than a days guide with the jynx, good choice, probably the best pic quality out of all the working fta HD receiver's and some nice features included, if the jynx team could address the pvr issues this box would be right up there, there are other issues but nothing to stop you from watching t.v as it is now, enjoy...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast