Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to FTABeta.com

We're a new community open to help you with any FTA Issues that you may be experiencing, feel free to ask any questions, and enjoy! You may have to register before you can post: register

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default RE: What is the best HD FTA receiver?

Hello! Good afternoon everyone. I am new to this and am currently subscribing to Dish Network. My question is what HD FTA receiver do any of you recommend? I have actually heard good reviews regarding the "DreamLink HD?" Is that true? Is that the best one?

And also, are most, if not all of the premium/pay per view channels always open? Can somebody tell me how all this of FTA works?

I hear that you have to purchase some type of code(s) somewhere, and iks private or non private receivers, etc?

Thanks again everybody and I really look forward to your responses. I would also like to thank "FTA Beta" for welcoming me. You guys do a great job!!!

Have a great day!!!

Default Best HD FTA receiver?

Hello! Good afternoon everyone. I am new to this and am currently subscribing to Dish Network. My question is what HD FTA receiver do any of you recommend? I have actually heard good reviews regarding the "DreamLink HD?" Is that true? Is that the best one?

And also, are most, if not all of the premium/pay per view channels always open? Can somebody tell me how all this of FTA works?

I hear that you have to purchase some type of code(s) somewhere, and iks private or non private receivers, etc?

Thanks again everybody and I really look forward to your responses. I would also like to thank "FTA Beta" for welcoming me. You guys do a great job!!!

Have a great day!!!

I would say that 2 boxes that do not really require extra attachments to them would be Dreamlink and Jynxbox. Eveything else requires some sort of attachment in order for them to run. For example SV HD needs an ihub which are hard to find now and can easly be screwed if your not carefull. Viewsat HD needs the x-fta or a weather forcaster attachment. NFHD needs noi which need you computer to be on at all times to have it working. So my pick would be the 2 that i mentioned. Just plug and play lol with no attachment needed.
    Do not PM me for help, please ask for help in the forum. If you do PM me, I will simply ignore it.

Where else can you get good quality TV for a really good price that cant be beat.

IKSRocket.com The Best IKS Private Server

TO FtaBeta

You will have to do some reading to catchup on things but I would suggest reading through the different receiver sections to see what users have posted, Dreamlink HD and Jynxbox HD are great receivers along with a few others, you will have to find a paid service in order to get any receivers working. There are lots of paid services available depending on where you are located and what type of service you are looking for. Not all premium channels are open and they go down from time to time so treat as a hobby. You will need a dish with the proper LNB's pointed to the correct satellite as well as a receiver along with a paid service in order to watch TV.

TV Insane

Take falcons advise, he knows what's up

Hello Folcan99. Good morning. Yes, thank you so much for taking the time to respond back to me, I really, really appreciate. I understand that you may be very busy. I did make my decision and will definitely purchase the "DreamLink HD V3 FTA Satellite Receiver" later this week.

But Folcan99, when they tell me that I will need to find a paid service in order to get my
    DreamLink HD V3 FTA Satellite Receiver working, are they referring to go to the "IKSRocket" website? Is it better to purchase "8 rockets" from them, in order to get full control? I mean, what do they mean by that?

And lastly Folcan99, the fact that I currently already subscribe to Dish Network, will the entire first setup of my FTA receiver
    and everything work out for me even more? Once I have my FTA receiver for the DreamLink HD, where in this website can I get the "setup" instructions?

Again, thank you much Folcan99 for your time and consideration, I really appreciate it. I also look forward to your response whenever you get a chance, as I am eager to learn more about this entire process. You have a great day Folcan99!

Quote Originally Posted by ewok316 View Post
    Hello Folcan99. Good morning. Yes, thank you so much for taking the time to respond back to me, I really, really appreciate. I understand that you may be very busy. I did make my decision and will definitely purchase the "DreamLink HD V3 FTA Satellite Receiver" later this week.

But Folcan99, when they tell me that I will need to find a paid service in order to get my
    DreamLink HD V3 FTA Satellite Receiver working, are they referring to go to the "IKSRocket" website? Is it better to purchase "8 rockets" from them, in order to get full control? I mean, what do they mean by that?

And lastly Folcan99, the fact that I currently already subscribe to Dish Network, will the entire first setup of my FTA receiver
    and everything work out for me even more? Once I have my FTA receiver for the DreamLink HD, where in this website can I get the "setup" instructions?

Again, thank you much Folcan99 for your time and consideration, I really appreciate it. I also look forward to your response whenever you get a chance, as I am eager to learn more about this entire process. You have a great day Folcan99!
    Your Reciever is set to pickup FTA channels that are free on certain Satellites. You will be able to scan all the sats but in order to Open DN you will need to Purchase a code from Rocket or NFPS. You will first need to install the software becasue when you buy the reciever, it will only have the factory file on it. Once you have decided on which Reciever you purchase you then can come back here on this forum to download the latest bin for that receiver which will allow you to input the codes into it and you should then be able to view most channels that Rocket or NFPS has to offer in HD and SD including Major Bouts like UFC and Boxing. Rocket has a really good track record of having these events open in SD and HD.
    Last edited by folcan99; 02-27-2013 at 10:35 AM.
    Do not PM me for help, please ask for help in the forum. If you do PM me, I will simply ignore it.

Where else can you get good quality TV for a really good price that cant be beat.

IKSRocket.com The Best IKS Private Server

Hello Folcan99! Good evening. How was your weekend? Yes, so I was able to purchase the "DreamLink HD V3 FTA Satellite Receiver," to be exact. So it should be arriving tomorrow, hopefully.

But a few, very important questions for you? I will be getting or purchasing some of the codes from IKS Rocket? Are they really good? When you say UFC and Boxing events, do they (IKS) also televise WWE and TNA wrestling pay per views?

Is it also possible for you to tell me the "first time setup" instructions for my particular receiver? Or where in this website (FTA Beta) can I go for those instructions? Lastly, do you know if this particular receiver, the "DreamLink HD V3 FTA Satellite Receiver," has a wifi connection? Or will I have to connect an LAN ethernet cable no matter what? I do really hope it does have wifi or a wireless connection because it will make things a whole lot easier for me? The website where I purchased that receiver does not really say whether it has a wireless connnection or not.

So thanks again Folcan99 for your time and consideration, I really appreciate and value your time. I do value the knowledge you gave me and looking forward to your next responses to this email whenever you get a chance. I am also proud and happy to be an FTA Beta member. Have a great evening!!!

Instruction on how to setup the receiver you mentioned are in the receiver's section. Do some readings over there. If you have any specific question, just post it in the receiver's section.

Dreamlink and Jynxbox don't have a WiFi option by default. However, you could use an ethernet power bridge, wireless bridge or a WiFi dongle. Do a search for ethernet power bridge. For a WiFi dongle, I suggest that you use a Vonet WiFi bridge or a Nanosat WiFi bridge. Both of them would work in any receiver with ethernet port and USB (for power) port.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast