Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to FTABeta.com

We're a new community open to help you with any FTA Issues that you may be experiencing, feel free to ask any questions, and enjoy! You may have to register before you can post: register

DreamLink, Jynxbox, etc
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    I Like TV!

Default IKS4SUNS my own substitute to N.O.I.

IKS4SUNS my own substitute to N.O.I.
    ---------------------------------

Simple curiosity was de driving force behind IKS4SUNS, yet if one day, for whatever reason
    N.O.I. becomes legacy here it is; call it a second choice, alternative or substitute at
    any rate this is my own version of N.O.I., if somebody like to give it a try please let
    me know your comments. (by the way, I believe IKS4SUN to be more stable than NOI),

Walkthrough:
    ------------

If you are running NOI your equipment setup is already done and may be used as is, if not:

1. Configure all equipment, options and settings the same way as required
    for N.O.I. (router, network, TCP/Ipv4, DNS, NFusion HD, etc.).

2. Copy the IKS4SUNS.rar file to a folder of your choice
    (a new/empty folder is recommended).

3. Extract all files (IKS4SUNS.exe, IKS4SUNS_Library.dll and
    readme.txt) to the folder you just created.

4. On the desktop, make a shortcut to IKS4SUNS.exe

5. Double click on the shortcut to start IKS4SUNS.

6. Select STB 1, 2, 3 or 4 and fill the same information as for N.O.I.
    Additionally fill the network IP address assigned to each STB.
    IKS4SUNS need this IP address to send/receive data to/from the correct STB.

• USER: as provided by the P$, no spaces.
    • PASSWORD: as provided by the P$, no spaces.
    • PROVIDER IP OR NAME: a valid server's IP or server's name
    • PORT: the port number as provided by the P$
    • DES KEY: as provided by the P$ and separated by “:” as in:
    01:02:03:04:05:06:07:08:09:10:11:12:13:14
    • STB IP: the network's IP address of your NFusion box

7. Press the “Save” button to save the info to the configuration file.

8. Put a check mark on the “enable STB” option.
    If left unchecked no key will be send to the STB.

9. Press the “Start” button.

10. As with N.O.I. UDP and TCP ports are used to communicate to/from the
    provider and STB, your fire wall may ask you to allow it.

Status lights:
    --------------
    STB: Red > Stb (Nfusion) enabled.
    TCP Conn: Green > IKS4SUNS is connected to the server.
    TCP Tx: Green > IKS4SUNS is sending data to the server.
    TCP Rx: Green > IKS4SUNS is receiving data from the server.
    UCP Tx: Green > IKS4SUNS is sending data to the STB.
    TCP Rx: Green > IKS4SUNS is receiving data from the STB.
    All lights: Red > Server is down (IKS4SUNS will try to reconnect every 15 seconds).
    All lights: Green > IKS4SUNS is logging to server.

NOTES:
    ------
    • Although designed to handle up to 4 STBs until all testing is done,
    only one is enabled.

• The configuration and Log file(s) will be saved in the same folder
    from which IKS4SUNS was started from.

• VB.net was used to write the code for IKS4SUNS and compiled as a
    32 bit Windows Forms Application using .NET Framework 4.

PLEASE PLASE PLEASE
    -------------------
    • This program has LIMITED defense capabilities against user’s aberrations (error handling).
    • Murphy’s law DOAS APPLY.

Now, now, I can see all the C, C++, C# gurus and the like making repulsive faces and
    sticking their tongues out in disgust:

...THIS is what I have to say to y’all:

“Yeeeaaahhhhhh,,,, VeeeBeee,,,,,,,,,, SSSSSoooooWWWWWhhhhaaaaaattt”
    Last edited by crazed; 03-14-2013 at 09:48 AM.

unhandled excemption in the application is what I get time and time again.
    Have everything correct, triple checked. Have the .dll file included, but still the unhandled exception appears.
    Does not connect.

I don't think we are gonna allow this program till we do some more research on it. I don't know what server it may try to connect to and that unhandled excemption bothers me.

Addicted to TV!

It would be nice to have an option.N.O.I has not bin to loyal to me but it's all I have so I use it.There has to be more than one way to skin a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
    It would be nice to have an option.N.O.I has not bin to loyal to me but it's all I have so I use it.There has to be more than one way to skin a cat.
    There is another option similar to NOI. It's posted here in our nFusion section and with a discussion thread which is a Sticky thread in the main nFusion forum.

If you'd like to try this iks4suns, then by all means give it a try. But as of now I have had no sucess with testing it. I do not trust it either. And the poster has only one post on our site here at beta and his ummm 'enthusiasim' seems a bit on the zealous side.. That's just what I read into it and I could be wrong. But until this is proven to be safe and tested by a few, then we aren't gonna allow it posted here.
    And plus, it doesn't work.

Try the alternate from abc.
    It's posted here

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
    I agree 100%, lets find the source code so we dont have to go through all this, thats the best solution.
    Do not PM me for help, please ask for help in the forum. If you do PM me, I will simply ignore it.

Where else can you get good quality TV for a really good price that cant be beat.

IKSRocket.com The Best IKS Private Server

Get 10% discount from the-------> Discount Man. <--------Click Me and send me a PM.

I Like TV!

I don't know about you guys but I have been testing it for the past few days and so far I would rather use this than N.O.I. because I get to see more tv and less freezing when ever nfps is up, I admit there could be some fine tuning but overall it's not a bad alternative to N.O.I. so far and if nfps could stabilize there servers soon and not go down as much as it has the last couple of days then I will be able to access it better but so far not bad W30.

Quote Originally Posted by D-ICEMAN View Post
    I don't know about you guys but I have been testing it for the past few days and so far I would rather use this than N.O.I. because I get to see more tv and less freezing when ever nfps is up, I admit there could be some fine tuning but overall it's not a bad alternative to N.O.I. so far and if nfps could stabilize there servers soon and not go down as much as it has the last couple of days then I will be able to access it better but so far not bad W30.
    Did you want to post what you did to get it running? Wacked tried it out but couldnt get it to run, thanks.
    Do not PM me for help, please ask for help in the forum. If you do PM me, I will simply ignore it.

Where else can you get good quality TV for a really good price that cant be beat.

IKSRocket.com The Best IKS Private Server

Get 10% discount from the-------> Discount Man. <--------Click Me and send me a PM.

I Like TV!

I ran IKS4Suns ver 1.0.exec file, I inputted all the info from my donation for user name, password and port plus my ip addy from my receiver, the new domain name from nfps the des key exactly like it is in N.O.I. on STB1, save it then exit, restart, tick enable stb then click start and let it do its thing, right now only ch. 711, 712 & 713 is what working for me so try putting the it on that to roll if you have it.

Addicted to TV!

neighbor installed as directed, configured,, started,, & had picture within 10 minutes.. worked the first time he tried. he did have to channel-up 1 time but he has to do that with all three of these proggies(noi, nfprox, & iks). it also runs way more stable than either 1 of the other 2... nice.....
    NFHD,,, chasing em all!

Addicted to TV!

Does it work on nfhd receivers.I would like to try this,can someone link me to files.
    Last edited by Dwayne; 03-14-2013 at 06:18 PM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast