Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to FTABeta.com

We're a new community open to help you with any FTA Issues that you may be experiencing, feel free to ask any questions, and enjoy! You may have to register before you can post: register

DreamLink, Jynxbox, etc
    acollins

Default No connection between PC and NOI or IKS4SUNS

I've been a long time user of an NFHD with NOI running both NFPS and Rocket.

Yesterday I gave IKS4SUNS a try and saw a lot less freezing. Given that I hadn't re-scanned since many channel moves by DN, and it was a clear night, I figured I'd do a factory reset and start from scratch. Big mistake I guess.

I just can't get either NOI or IKS4SUNS to see my receiver anymore. Everything is the same and I've re-booted both computer and NFHD many times, and did another couple of factory resets and channel re-scans but still nothing. All info is entered correctly everywhere.

I can ping the NFHD successfully and it shows up as a connection in my router config page. It's definitely connected to my network. NOI doesn't give me anything but a black screen (no Connecting... or channel number), and IKS4SUNS logs in successfully but doesn't transmit keys to the receiver or acknowledge which channel it's on. It's like the receiver just isn't there for both NOI and IKS4SUNS. I can change channels all day and nothing happens. I re-ran the NOI network wizard but that didn't do anything. The Router application and the GET_nfusion_ip_address app that comes with IKS4SUNS also don't work. These gave me responses yesterday but today they don't do anything and also don't acknowledge the receiver.

The NFHD is set to a Static IP (like it always has been). Does anyone use DHCP with any success? I can't see how that would matter because, like I said, I can ping the NFHD even from the computer where I'm running NOI and IKS4SUNS.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure what else to try.

(I guess that should say "No connection between NFHD and NOI or IKS4SUNS" but you can't edit a post title)

I Like TV!

I have the exact same problem with my nFusion HD and IKS4SUNS setup. I am able to login to the PS but no data is transmitted as if the STB is not connected eventhough I can see it on the network.

You mentioned that you only started having this problem after a factory reset and rescan. The only difference in my environment is that I just purchased this device so I had to do a SW update and rescan. I don't think that the IKS app is the problem-I think that we can rule that out (I have an nFusion Phoenix on the same network that works ok with NOI but not with the new NFHD).

There must be some configuration settings that we are overlooking on the STB. Hope someone else could chime in...

I Like TV!

Quote Originally Posted by ceal21c View Post
    I have the exact same problem with my nFusion HD and IKS4SUNS setup. I am able to login to the PS but no data is transmitted as if the STB is not connected eventhough I can see it on the network.

You mentioned that you only started having this problem after a factory reset and rescan. The only difference in my environment is that I just purchased this device so I had to do a SW update and rescan. I don't think that the IKS app is the problem-I think that we can rule that out (I have an nFusion Phoenix on the same network that works ok with NOI but not with the new NFHD).

There must be some configuration settings that we are overlooking on the STB. Hope someone else could chime in...
    You need to add the ip 210.51.47.147 and 255.0.0.0 for the NFHD suns server. The phoenix has a different ip addy for the suns server.

I Like TV!

Thanks for the reply! I'm still a little confused so here is my STB, PC and PS config. Maybe you can clarify a little for me please?

STB
    IP: 192.168.1.20
    Subnet: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway: 192.168.1.126 (PC IP)
    DNS: 192.168.1.1 (Router IP)

PC
    IP: 192.168.1.126
    Gateway: 192.168.1.1 (Router IP)

IKS4SUNS (Rocket)
    PS Address: 4.rocketserver.tv
    PS Port: 35944

So now, where should the info you provided be entered? Thanks again!

I Like TV!

Quote Originally Posted by ceal21c View Post
    Thanks for the reply! I'm still a little confused so here is my STB, PC and PS config. Maybe you can clarify a little for me please?

STB
    IP: 192.168.1.20
    Gateway: 192.168.1.126 (PC IP)

PC

IKS4SUNS (Rocket)
    PS Address: 4.rocketserver.tv
    PS Port: 35944

So now, where should the info you provided be entered? Thanks again!
    On the PC
    Under your network connection
    click Properies
    select TCP/IPV4
    select properties
    click use the following ip address

Use the following DNS Server addresses:
    Click advanced
    under the IP settings/IP addresses tab click add
    add IP: 210.51.47.147
    Subnet: 255.0.0.0

at the command prompt you should be able to ping 192.168.1.20

I Like TV!

Thanks a lot!
    I'll give this a try.

I Like TV!

Ok, I tried that but it didn't seem to make a difference. I can ping the STB but I could always do that. Is there something else I may be missing?

I Like TV!

Hey Guys,

I got it working somehow. Turns out that I had not installed the latest bin nf_hd_v1.3sR_27 prior to installing the update file nfhd_update_119-110-129_27f_4-17-13. I was under the impression that the update was actually the latest bin.

Been out of the game for a while...

Thanks!